Tuesday, October 30, 2012

my city

My beloved city lies in ruin today after the terrible storm called Sandy threw us a party that nobody wanted. I'm lucky I have power and my neighborhood Bay Ridge in Brooklyn was left without major damage from what I could tell. My lovely old big trees still stand on my block, and I had no leaks in my apartment which was my big fear, that and the loss of power. My close friend Peter is without power on the eastside of Manhattan and the subway system was devastated and I have no idea when it will be back, so for now I'm good in my small place in pretty Bay Ridge and grateful that no harm came to me, that my art and books are safe and that I didn't loose anyone dear to me. I feel sad and in despair though when I turn on the news and see the horrible damage that the storm did all over the place. My city will get back to normal soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter