Thursday, October 25, 2012

Tatzu Nishi Discovering Columbus























I saw this marvelous installation today and I loved it. Its a spectacular spectacular and I loved everything about it from the ordering of my ticket on line, to waiting in the Queue, to the walking up the 6 flights of stairs (ok I didn't like that so much) and the shock and giddiness upon entering the living room and seeing this statue up close and watching the expressions on people's faces. Talk about your gorilla in the room. Nishi took a 130 year old icon of New York City and turned it on its head, creating a dada moment for the 21st Century. And the views from the exhibition were brilliant and beautiful even on this overcast day. One of the best exhibitions of the year. God I love this fucking city. Its on view until November 18th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter