Thursday, July 09, 2009

Putting It Together. Piece By Piece. For A.G.
















































































The photos included in this post are of me installing my work for my retrospective at Kent State in 1977 including a photo of how the show finally looked after many hours of work. The work and myself were brought to Kent via a big truck driven by the curator and her helper and sometime later on the road the truck broke down and we were stuck somewhere in Pennsylvania for 12 hours finally arriving in Kent in the early morning hours. Needless to say I was not a happy camper. Tired and cranky I was even more cranky when I saw the ugly catalog that they did without asking my input and suggestions, and even to this day I still hate the damn thing. So after everything the show looked great except on the first day some dumb student wasn't looking where she was going and stepped on my Forest Floor Piece which is shown in the installation photo. I wanted to rip out her heart, I mean it wasn't as if there wasn't enough space around the piece and if I remember correctly the piece had to be removed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Alex Gildzen said...

wow.... I don't remember ever seeing these pix.

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter