Friday, June 26, 2009

July 4th




Just pulled this drawing that I did in 1968 and thought I'd post it here for the upcoming July 4th celebration. I also put it up on my photobucket, but they might just censor it. I've been thinking about the unexpected death of Michael Jackson, and although I was never a fan, I was always struck by how unhappy and out of balanced he seemed to be. So full of self hatred, (how else to explain all those ghastly mutilations to his perfectly nice face). I once had a friend who had a bookstore and on several occasions Jackson would appear along with his bodyguards to buy books. "What kind of things did he buy" I asked. "Cheap paperback bios of movie stars" my friend replied. The other noted death of a celebrity of sorts this week was of Farrah Fawcett, and again I was not much of a fan of hers either. Once in the early 80's when I was working in a film memorabilia bookstore, she and Ryan O'Neal came in just as we were closing. The foolish owner told them we were closing and they got insulted and stormed out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter