Wednesday, October 04, 2017

Is Fashion Modern? Moma


First of all I have to say how much I love this photograph, its no where to be found in the exhibition which by the way the Moma is playing up as its first survey of fashion in 73 years. I wonder what took them so long? Anyway I went looking for this photograph in the bookstore as a postcard which I would have bought, but it was no where to be found. Its nice to know that the Moma has finally found its role, its niche it has become an elegant shopping mall, something that they have always desired to become and now with this rambling runway of an exhibition the final stiletto heel has been nailed in its coffin. This monster takes up the entire 6th floor galleries which is a lot of space, and as I said its like going to the mall on a busy saturday and I can only imagine the crowds that will be filling this show during the holiday season and all the wanting and buying that will be going on in the gift shops of this mad house. I don't have much interest in fashion but millions do and I really can't answer this stupid question that the Moma is asking as if they are embarrassed that they even mounted such an empty extravaganza, and want us to pat them on the back and tell them everything is ok you've shown much more silly and worthless shit than this. Why just flash back to the Bjork or the Marina Abramovic disasters to mention just two examples of curatorial public vomit. Anyway I was there to see the new Max Ernst show which I'll write about some other time but I will say that its too bad that Ernst didn't get the entire sixth floor for his remarkable achievement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter