Saturday, September 23, 2017

Mother! 2017




Ok I was warned about this film, to avoid it, hide from it, give it the boot, but did I listen oh no I didn’t. So I only have myself to blame for sitting through this dreadful thing, this pox, this trash. Ok true it was playing at my favorite theatre, The Bam and there was a convenient showing and I do have a fondness for Jennifer Lawrence so I wasted my $11.00 and a few hours of time. Also it was showing in the big stadium seating theatre and it was nearly empty. The sound design of the film was impressive I will give it that and for the first 45 minutes or so I was caught up in it, hey its a haunted house flick but the caught up in it quickly turned to let me out of here as soon as Michelle Pfeiffer (who was wonderful and looking good Michelle) left the scene and the mess started. To be fair there is one haunting fight that turns into murder that was vivid and exciting but after that it quickly went downhill for me and all the allegorical bullshit started to pile up. This is a film without a direction and a director who it seems had no clear idea of what he wanted to do. I’m talking Darren Aronofsky here who spent lots of money and time on this mess, and he wears his influences on his short sleeves. Even one of the poster designs gives his influences away. This is a nasty piece of work, hard and sharp without any direction or style, his roadmap is muddy and bloody and the last half hour or so of the film is easily the most torturous time I’ve spent in a movie theatre in a long time. I like Jennifer Lawrence quite a bit, but in this thing she is totally wasted and put upon, one calamity after another falls on her pretty head and this film becomes quite laughable but also upsetting after a short period of time. I’m warning everyone to avoid this one, this plague on our houses. The worst film of 2017

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter