Tuesday, February 14, 2017

homecrest

Well at least something nice is in my life right now considering the nightmare that we are living every day with that monster in the white house. I started my long teaching gig (until June) at the homecrest benshonhurst senior center, which is right across the street from my old high school which is indeed strange. All of the seniors are Asian and are lovely, charming and talented. Also the staff is very helpful and also lovely translating when necessary but many speak fine English, much better than my Chinese. ha ha. I had 8 students and the space is small but everyone fitted in fine. For the first project I gave them the task of drawing me, to break the ice, and to make myself vulnerable, the results were really nice.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter