Saturday, June 22, 2013

childrens books and Lorca









Saw this charming show "The ABC of It: Why Children's Books Matter" today at the 42st. Library. Very nicely done and installed, elaborate settings and displays which is usual for their shows. I love children's books (who doesn't) and have a small collection of vintage stuff. I stopped buying because of financial consideration, but one can always find nice children's books at reasonable prices. I also have a lot of them for sale on my book website

http://www.cinemagebooks.com/?page=shop%2Fbrowse&category_id=6

I also took in the very nice smaller exhibition Back Tomorrow: A Poet In New York/Federico Garcia Lorca, and finally his homosexuality is discussed. There were lots of his drawings which I didn't know about (I don't know that much about him) and seeing the show makes me want to read his book poet in New York, so I'll have to keep an eye out for a used copy somewhere on my housing works trips. I love this building to bits, and spent time there also taking lots of pictures and just browsing through the rooms and corridors of the place with the marble keeping me cool. I picked up a brochure on the coming renovation, and I'm trying to be positive about it, the great spaces of the building will not be touched so I'm ok with it.

http://www.nypl.org/events/exhibitions/abc-it?hspace=1

The Photographs used here were taken by me a few years ago. I haven't looked at what I took today and it will be some time before I get them up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter