Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Crummy

In spite of the crummy weather yesterday I took in a few shows in Chelsea, and no I did not see the Damien Hurst dots, but I did see the terrific Weegee show at Kasher. I've always loved his photographs, and I have an original edition of his Naked City. His work kinda smashes you in the face. Also of note was Bill Jensen's elegant show of diptychs and triptychs at Cheim & Read. His surfaces are always compelling. I should add that he is an old friend, and I had for many years one of his early paintings which I sold in the late 80's, a sad day for me. The piece of mine that Bill had was destroyed in the awful fire in Margrit's loft, another sad day for me. I also liked Thomas Woodruff's show of strange and mysterious gorgeous paintings that you can really get lost in. I wish that I liked the Joyce Pensato show more than I did, yes accumulations can be fun, but these were just too obvious and her batman paintings are totally without interest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter