Monday, January 09, 2012

Hugo 2011

 
I saw this Martin Scorsese valentine to childhood and the movies today at the first screening in one of those ugly theatres on union square and I was the only person in the theatre which was fantastic. It was like my own private screening, except they kept the heat off, and I nearly plotzed when the ticket seller said $14.00 please, and that was a senior ticket. Anyway I really enjoyed it, Scorsese uses 3-D in a delicate, imaginative and smart way, and some of the scenes just take your breath away. I really didn't know much about the story, and was so delighted to find Georges Méliès as one of the main characters. The cast is good, and finally a 3-D movie that is truly special. It’s like a fantastic pop-up book. Try to see this one on a big screen and in 3-D. Charming all the way and easily one of the ten best films of the year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter