Sunday, April 14, 2024

Faith Ringgold 1930-2024

I didn't know Faith well, in the early 70's we were on an NEA panel and that's when I first met her. We took to each other, I remember laughing a lot. The next time I spent time with her was in 1982 or 1983 when we were both teaching at the University of California in San Diego and had a lunch out where she received many stares from some of the other eaters. It may have been her colorful African dress she was wearing or simply the fact that this was the early 80's in lily white San Diego. We exchanged phone numbers and addresses promising to be in touch when we were both back in "the city" meaning New York City. We never met again but of course I followed her career and art. A life well lived. 








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter