Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Shameless

 Reading the New York Times today I saw that there was a season 11 coming of "Shameless". I watched all 10 years of the series on Netflix and thought 10 was the end of the series. I loved this show pretty much very minute of it even though the family Gallagher left much to be desired. That said I was hooked from the get go and think its one of the best series I've seen. Not much love was spread over it, by the critics and the award givers no doubt it was too rough and raw for them, I mean basically this is a family of grifters, thieves, drug addicts, and liars. So what's not to love? The cast was and the family was headed by William H. Macy a deadbeat, drug addled lying con artist and he was superb. Not likable, no way. The family was really headed by the eldest child the daughter Fiona played by the wonderful and beautiful Emmy Rossum. The series included sensitive and sometimes not so sensitive takes on gay rights, gentrification, racial injustice, lack of access to good education, sexual mistreatment, poverty and on and on. Also a lot of male nudity. The cast was wonderful including all those guest appearances by Joan Cussack, Chloe Webb, Louise Fletcher, Regina King and many others. The language was raw and sometimes what I was watching was downright disgusting but I laughed a lot.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter