Thursday, April 08, 2021

Promising Young Woman 2020



I will be very surprised indeed if Carey Mulligan wins an Oscar for this disturbing thriller romantic revenge pop paint box colored movie. I just don't see it happening. Also its not very good, going this way and that and finally landing in sad sad land with an unconvincing ending that is what suppose to make us feel good, or better than we felt through the whole thing? I didn't hate it, I watched it, but its so nasty and grim and far fetched that I winched through most of it. The violence is never shown, which is to its credit I suppose, and Mulligan's accent was strong and convincing, she is a good actress, but this one is not going to get her the golden man, it's just so unpleasant. The supporting cast was fine and the bright colors and high style art direction and costumes (clothes) were nice. An improbable B looking to be an A.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter