Wednesday, November 18, 2020

The Life Ahead 2020.


What can I say? I am a sucker for Sophia, and at 86 she is still a force to be reckoned with. At first its a shock to see her at this age, how could it be? She can't be 86. The film will be familiar to some, its a remake of the Simone Signoret weepie "Madame Rosa", and there is enough here to please even the most jaded of us. The movie is directed by one of her sons and he lavishes love and attention on his mom and everyone else in this somewhat short film. It also looks great bright and colorful and I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did, so that is good. It's a connect the dots story, no surprises you can see where its going, and the casting of a transgender actress as Loren's best pal is a nice touch on the director's part. Listen I would watch Loren in anything, that's how much I love her so as my mom use to say, what's not to like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter