Saturday, April 07, 2018

Dorothy Cantor Pearlstein 1928-2018





Sorry to learn of the death of Dorothy who I knew and have fond memories of her and Philip. She was a witty and intelligent person with a wicked sense of humor and was usually the center and life of any party. She was also a painter and along with Philip was a class mate of Andy Warhol at Carnegie Tech. Warhol later was a roommate of Philip's in NYC I send my deepest condolences to her family and to Julia her daughter. Once at a dinner at her house Dorothy brought this huge fish with the head still on and the eye starring at me, I turned white and Dorothy put the fish on the table went back into the kitchen and brought out some ham for me. At another dinner we were talking about Judy Chicago and Dorothy said yes she changed her name from Chicagowitz, and when hearing I was going to Cologne for a show she said "ira joel you'll love it, its just like Minneapolis. R.I.P. Dorothy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter