Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Horrible News Today

https://nypost.com/2018/03/24/eight-people-hurt-in-four-alarm-building-blaze/


I woke to this terrible news. My old friend the art book dealer and archivist Jean Noel Herlin had a terrible fire in his apartment building. The news was posted by his assistant on facebook, and I am sad and depressed about this. We have not been in touch for a long time, long story but for many years we were best friends and Jean-Noel was a big supporter of my art. Not a day went by where we didn't see each other. I can't reach him by phone so my only connection is with Zac via Facebook. Many many people in the art world are thinking of him today. His collection of material on art is probably the best in the world. I did some covers for his catalogs over the years and he also bought my work and we traded for books and art. Not a good time for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter