Thursday, October 10, 2013

From my archive. Architectural Analogues.

I've been going through boxes of stuff and I've been finding some nice things from my past dealing with my art career. I'll be posting more of what I've uncovered down the road. This is from the introduction by Lisa Phillips from the fold-over brochure for the exhibition  "Architectural Analogues" that was held at the Whitney Museum's long gone downtown branch in 1978. The piece illustrated here "Memorandum" was in the exhibition.

"Ira Joel Haber creates miniature environments of quite a different mood-nightmarish, holocaustal,  garishly colored and visceral, exploring unknown territory in a dream time. In Haber's work the house, traditionally a symbol of serenity and security is victimized by the brutal forces of nature."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter