Friday, September 14, 2012

At The Met











Spent yesterday at the new galleries for the art of the Arab lands at the met and it is absolutely breathtaking in its scope and in the objects that comprise this wonderful new wing of this great museum. I could live here. After viewing this I kinda found my way to the small exhibition of American Indian Art, which I got to by falling into part of the African Art wing, and finally into the small centennial tribute to three artists born in 1912, William Baziotes, Tony Smith and Jackson Pollock. Will have to get back there soon to see some of the new exhibits opening later in the month. This museum is also great for people watching, especially so for the large amount of hubba hubba guys of which I took some nice photos.



http://www.metmuseum.org/collections/new-installations/new-galleries-for-the-art-of-the-arab-lands-turkey-iran-central-asia-and-later-south-asia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter