Friday, August 24, 2012

Ecce Homo

"An elderly Spanish lady in her 80s decided to give a 19th-century Spanish fresco a facelift by attempting to restore it - but failed. Without prior authorization, Cecilia Gimenez took a paintbrush to the "Ecce Homo" ("Behold the Man") masterpiece by Elias Garcia Martinez which had been residing in the Sanctuary of Mercy Church of Borja near Zaragoza for more than a century in an attempt to restore it to its former glory."

I love what she did, Larry Gagosian should give her a show. When I saw this on the news tonight I laughed so hard, that I nearly choked on my seltzer. She has a bright future in the new york art world, hey maybe theres a spot for her in the next Whitney Biannual and I would love to have her in my art class for seniors. This made my week, maybe my month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter