Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Metropolitan Museum Of Art.


 This place was a zoo today. I really hate looking at art in this kind of mess. I guess it had to do with the first day of the week that the Museum is open and of course the hoards and I mean hoards lining up to see the Alexander McQueen fashion show. They all couldn’t have been gay, I have never seen anything like this before. Is it the scandal of the clothes, the suicide of the designer or what that is pulling in these kinds of crowds. There was at least an hour to wait to get into the exhibit and there was no way I was going to wait on line. I don’t wait an hour on line for nothing or no one any more, and I certainly wasn’t going to stand there among the crowd to see a McQueen show. The line went the length of the entire corridor of the European galleries all the way through the Asian Wings, making it a bit difficult to maneuver around all those fucking tourists. I’m really not into fashion anyway, so I took a slow walk through some of the wonderful non fashion galleries and then checked out the very good show of large drawings by Richard Serra. That’s really the reason I made the schlep up to the Met in the first place. The show was empty of people which was a real respite from what was going on all over the place, and I loved the large scale and the textures that Serra uses in his drawings. I took some nice photographs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter