Tuesday, June 13, 2023

april kingsley 1941-2023

This is sad news for me. I adored April who was a close friend of mine for many years. She supported me as an artist and was the first critic to write about my art in the early 70's. I remember so many dinners with her and Budd Hopkiins who she was married to for some time at their wonderful house in Chelsea. They gave me a big birthday party for my 30th birthday. I knew this was coming, because April has been sick for many years but it still hurts. The top photo is of budd and april with philip katzan at my loft in the early 70's the second one is of me and april and grace hopkins camping it up. again the early 70's. Nothing but sadness surrounds me. The photos are of april, me april and grace hopkins fooling around and april budd and philip katzen in my loft.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter