Friday, October 28, 2022

 Meret Oppenheim at the Moma.

Took in the members preview of the wonderful Meret Oppenheim show yesterday at the Moma. I of course loved it, and yes the fur lined tea cup is there, but its just one of the 200 objects, paintings, drawings that amazed me. Little known especially in this country this show should raise her shadow to the sky and there is so much there to admire and love. The show is full of rich surprises and gems, her skill and imagination is wonderful and she only lived to the age of 72. A shame. The city is open, and up and annoying and getting there from Brooklyn was of course a pain. Man there are so many nut jobs riding the rails, its fucking surreal. I had a book and magazines to read, my sunglasses to protect me from making eye contact and I still wear my mask. I was aware. If its a nice day out, the city shines, it is still spectacular in many ways, but its also jarring and annoying but this is my native land of mine my Man Hat Tan Tan. The Moma was crowded so the days of empty spaces and being alone in museums is long gone but see the Meret's. You will be surprised and might be inspired to make art or something.









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter