Sunday, May 16, 2021

Halston 2021


I suppose I can lukewarmly recommend this latest potboiler from the house of Ryan Murphy. It's watchable for sure, what with all those clothes, sexy scenes and little nuggets of gossip and dirt dropped here and there. My problem with it was my total disgust and hatred of Halston who thankfully I never met, and all those pathetic souless creatures that were and probably still are part of that scene. I was never comfortable around the very rich and the very famous unless I was comfortably drunk and stoned and even then they gave me what Cliff Westermann would call the creeping whoopies. That said sure its only 5 hours of sleaze and it seems to be appealing to a large swatch of facebook people. I have to say if I see one more Liza with a Z impersonation I shall scream. She seems to be popping up in every series I've been watching lately. Oh there she is in Fosse/Verdon and now again here she is in Halston. I also was not smitten with Ewan McGregor playing him, and it has nothing to do with a straight actor playing a character. I could care less and how many gay actors and actresses have played straight since cinema began. McGregor is a very likable but limited actor, and he brings a big sack of camp to the role. I would have much preferred if Michael Fassbender had done the role. Anyway knock yourselves out with this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter