Wednesday, August 19, 2020

On My Skin: The Last Seven Days Of Stefano Cucchi 2018.

 I came across this Italian film last night on Netflix and to say that it seared my mind and heart is putting it mildly. The film based on fact tells the story of a young Italian man who has drug problems but is on his way to recovery and redemption when one night sitting in his car with a friend is stopped and searched by the police who promptly arrest him for having a meager amount of drugs on him. The nightmare begins and I won't go into details of what happens. Sure Stefano is a wise ass but there is a sweetness to him and he is loved by his family. He is trying to overcome his faults. This is a first time film by the director Alessio Cremonini and he tells his story in minimal style and he is helped by the lead Alessandro Borghi who plays Stefano and is superb. This is one of the great works of film acting I have ever seen, this is no exaggeration. The ending had me reduced to uncontrollable crying. The violence is all done off screen, the results are shown and might be difficult for some to take. The film is shown with subtitles and is happily letterboxed. This is one that will stay with me for a long time.

Image may contain: 2 people
Image may contain: 2 people, indoor
Image may contain: one or more people

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter