Saturday, March 03, 2018

Three Tall Women

Saw this today and the thrill of seeing Glenda Jackson in person was stunning. Even though I was way up in the last row of the mezzanine she still came through loud and clear. She was amazing. Also terrific was Laurie Metcalf who held her own. The only pill for me was Alison Pill who I thought was out of her league with these two great actresses. Albee never an easy playwright mixes his usual doses of realism with surreal and fantastic moments which goes back to his early plays especially "The American Dream" which I saw in its original off broadway run when I was I guess 16 or 17. The first Broadway play I saw was the matinee company of Who's Afraid Of Virginia Woolf when I was 15 and Elaine Stritch was martha. Albee was important to me as a teenager and much later in my life I had a short correspondence with him. The theatre was full and there
was no solo bows by Ms. Jackson.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter