Friday, April 24, 2015

Tommy








In the late 80's and early 90's I would attend a movie memorabilia
sale that was held every saturday at a church in the village. The organizer of the sale would have his entire family with him working at his table including a young son with down syndrome. His name was Tommy and he would set up an exhibit of his drawings and paintings which I of course was immediately taken with and started to buy a few each weekend. He also made some small wooden brightly painted sculptures that I also bought which I have packed away some where. He was thrilled when I bought his work, and his parents although pleased could not understand why anyone would want to buy them. I hope Tommy is well and still making his beautiful art.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter