Sunday, September 28, 2014

Today














Today was the annual 3rd ave street fair, that sprawls along the avenue here in Bay Ridge like a 5,000 pd sausage and pepper hero. I have always made my way out of here for the day, since this monster without a head moves right by my apartment. Today to get away from it I took in the New York Art Book Fair at P.S. 1. which I had never visited before. This was like walking out of the frying pan into the fire because the joint was packed no doubt it being free had something to do with the hoards descending on P.S.1. I couldn't possibly see all the exhibitors way too many, way too hot, and way too crowded. But I did get to many of the exhibitors/publishers and I made some nice connections. I brought two of my recent collages and I showed them around and the reactions were very encouraging, a few even took photographs of the pieces, and many told me to send work a few wows also. I also ran into a few very old friends which was a happy and sad thing for me. I also noticed in the entrance lobby a framed group photo of the artists who took part in the opening show at P.S. 1 Rooms, and I glanced at it noticing my name was misspelled for a change, now I am known as Ha Joel Haber. I'm in the 2nd row on the right, second in. It was quite a group.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter