Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Basquiat and Kuhn





Simply put the Basquiat show at the Gagosian Gallery is extraordinary. It's jaw dropping and eye popping and if you've never seen a show of his, I suggest you make sure to take this one in. It's lavish in scale and scope filling that huge space beautifully with over fifty of his paintings. There were maybe two that I didn't care for, but his imagery and sense of color was special. A shame to have lost this wonderful artist so young. Also extraordinary for me was the beautiful Walt Kuhn show at DC Moore. I've always loved his portraits of entertainers and circus people that I've seen here and there, and this is a great and rare opportunity to take in this wonderful painter's life work. These are museum quality exhibitions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter